The Weirs is a small area, and everyone wants to be there. The end result is of course congestion, and while the city of Laconia has adopted the below temporary traffic order for bike week with much success over the past decade, traffic backups can still occur if the weather is great. The first weekend now typically has greater traffic issues than the second, which is a complete reversal from how bike week used to be just 7-8 years ago.
It’s suggested that you take the shuttle train to get to and from the Weirs during periouds of peak traffic volume. Details about the shuttle train.
Start Of Bike Week
Monday, beginning at 8:00 AM through Sunday, ending at 5:00pm
- The bridge between Lakeside Ave and Centenary Ave will be closed.
- Parking meters on Lakeside Avenue will be suspended.
- Warner street will be one way from Route 3 to Tower Street.
- No parking on Lakeside Avenue between 2:00am and 6:00am
- Lakeside Avenue will be one-way and open to motorcycles only.
- You can not make a left turn from Tower Street onto Route 3.
- Single lane and double centerline parking on Lakeside Ave will be avail.
- Tower Street will be closed approximately 100 feet west of Maple Street.
- Doe Avenue and Warner Street north of its intersection with Tower Street will be closed to all through traffic.
- There will be no parking allowed on the following roads: Ashley Drive, Colonial Rd, Woodvale Drive, Plantation Drive, Rolling Lane, Pine Notch Circle, Summit Avenue, Wentworth Cove Road, Regis Road, McKinley Road and Rollercoaster Road.
Thursday beginning at 8:00 AM through Sunday at 5:00pm
- There will be no through traffic on Lucerne Avenue.
- You cannot make a left turn from Route 3 onto Route 11B.
- The Weirs Channel Bridge is closed down to 4-wheeled vehicles on the below days and times: Thursday, Noon to 10:00 PM, Friday, 8:00 AM to 1:00 AM, Saturday, 8:00 AM to 1:00 AM, Sunday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
The above items may need to be changed at any time.